Matches found for tag 'Alembic': 3
9 April 2020 Updated 9 April 2020 by Peter
We all know the Integer Autoincrement Primary Key. Works great, much software is doing it this way. It is fast. But it also has limitations. An alternative for the Integer Autoincrement Primary Key is the UUID (Universally Unique IDentifier) Primary Key. A UUID is a 128-bit number. It can be represented by a string, for example: 05390f2b-48e8-45c7-8ae4-08272dc69122 or a hex string (the same as above ...
14 August 2019 Updated 14 August 2019 by Peter
This post is about editing code, a lot of editing, huge amounts of editing! When you implement much functionality, you notice things that need attention, things that need you to research, how do others do this, what is the plural of certain words, etc. I maintain a todo list and every time I noticed something that needed attention I added it to this list. The list got too big so I decided to stop adding ...
9 March 2019 Updated 28 August 2019 by Peter
By default Alembic does not change the length of string fields, I noticed this after changing a string field from: description = Column(String(150), server_default='') to: description = Column(String(250), server_default='') No changes were made. It appears that column type change detection is off by default, so you can test it first, and can be turned on by adding 'compare_type=True' to the context. ...
- Two Flask apps, frontend and admin, on one domain using DispatcherMiddleware
- Adding url_for() links to Jinja templates of a Flask multilanguage website
- Docker containers suddenly using 192.168.0.0/16 instead of 172.17.0.0/16: services lost
- Developing Ubuntu Touch apps with Python using pyOtherSide
- ISPConfig: running a Python Flask Docker container as a jailed Shell User
- Refining multilanguage: adding language fallback as an option